Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It is with sadness I update my blog... it's official... Brett Favre has retired from the Green Bay Packers and NFL, today, March 4, 2008. From a statement given by the Green Bay Packers General Manager, Ted Thompson, who sums it so well.... "The uniqueness of Brett Favre - his personality, charisma and love of the game - undoubtedly will leave him as one of the enduring figures in NFL history."

James spent most of the afternoon at the following site... http://www.packers.com/history/brett_favre_tribute/


We all must admit, Brett was an incredible quarterback and role model and he will be sorely missed - though I can only imagine what is going through Aaron Rogers head at the moment... something like "oh crap.... I have some BIG shoes to fill"

With that out of the way - you should all check out the site above - some incredible stories, videos and photos.... but like Elvis sang... "I did it My Way"... which is exactly what Brett did, he left on a great season with some incredible records!

We will miss you Brett but as always....
GO PACK GO!!!

And this special posting of the "Shafer Zoo" is for my nephew, CJ... who just loves the Pugs!!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

When CJ saw the page - he asked where the doggies were. I scrolled down to read him what you wrote and to see the picture and he got a HUGE smile on his face :o)