Just a brief update to let everyone know that Josh's Band Solo Contest on Saturday (which is was school district wide) went very well for his first "contest". He got a 1 which is great considering he's only been playing Trombone since about October - the first 2months of band were 'learning' to use it and reading music, etc.
The scoring as 3-2-1-1+, unfortunately after confirming with him, he missed one 'high' note but he said that was an important note in the solo - but oh well, he did great and we're so proud of him, he even got a small medal which of course will be framed or scrapbooked later!
Oh yeah... Josh went to his first dance last Friday evening and met his little girlfriend up at the school, her name is McKenzie and she plays the flute. She's got dark hair and is just a tad shorter than Josh (I only saw her on Saturday at the band solo contest). He had a great time and even though a little nervous about "dancing", especially slow dancing, I think he got the hang of it and told me he could have slow danced with McKenzie for hours!
Update on the Shafer Zoo... poor little Norton got "bucked" by Buttercup, the goat, and now he has an abrasion on his eye, we're watching it but I'm sure if it doesn't look better by the weekend we'll be taking him to the vet... joy joy fun fun!
Nothing much else is new - except I did take Josh shopping today for a Valentine's Day gift for little McKenzie - he got her a single red silk rose, a heart shaped tin of Hershey Kisses (yummy my favorite) and 2 smalled stuffed animals, a cute little puppy and a bear! I can't believe he's growing up and is on his '2nd' "official" girlfriend - oh well... it's fun and cute to watch it all!
Well, I guess I better get this posted and check on Josh and his homework, well his "POW" (aka Problem of the Week) for his Pre-AP Math class.
Again, I hope everyone has a "lovely" Valentine's Day! TTFN
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Posted by Josh's Mom on Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment